A few months ago, a friend asked me what the hardest part of completing the Whole30 was. I instantly answered: grocery shopping for Whole30 approved products.
Although I have completed 3 rounds of the Whole30 and continue to eat Whole30ish, I vividly remember my first few grocery store hauls. I swear I must have read the label of EVERY package of bacon in the store looking for the ONE that didn’t have sugar. It took three trips to the store to find Whole30 compliant salad dressing. I was honestly envious of the toddler who was throwing a fit in aisle 5 because I wanted to be the one on the ground crying!
Luckily, I quickly found a few great ways to make Whole30 grocery shopping easier:
Thrive Market is an amazing source for affordable, healthy, Whole30 compliant groceries. It’s like Costco (wholesale prices) meets Whole Foods (organic, non-GMO products) meets Amazon (convenient online shopping shipped to your door!). And the best part is they have an actual Whole30 section on their website you can peruse for ideas!
If you click on this Thrive Market link, you can join today and get an extra 25% off your first order (plus a 30-day free trial)!
Whole30 Grocery Lists by Store:
There are a ton of Whole30 grocery lists floating around online that are specific to stores and they can save you time. Here are a few:
Gotta love the convenience of shopping on Amazon especially when the items are prime! There are a ton of Whole30 favorites available on Amazon. Here is my short list:
- Chomp’s Jerky Snack Sticks
- Primal Kitchen Garlic Aioli Mayo
- Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- DNX Bar Trial Pack Whole30 Approved
- Justin’s Cashew Butter Squeeze Packs
- Larabar Lemon Bar
- Noble Made Mild Buffalo Dipping & Wing Sauce
- Olives To Go
- Performance Nut Butter
- Trader Joe’s Dried Unsweetened Strawberries
- Primal Kitchen Green Goddess Dressing & Marinade
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Tessamae’s Natural Mild Buffalo Sauce
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning Blend
- Wonderful Pistachios
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- Primal Kitchen’s Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Tessamae’s Whole30 Certified Dressing and Sauces variety Pack
Also, I was able to get most of the Whole30 recommended supplements from page 405 of Whole30 The 30-Day Guide to TOTAL HEALTH AND FOD FREEDOM on Amazon:
- Pure Encapsulations Nutrient 950 with vitamin K
- Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil
- Pure Encapsulations vitamin D3 liquid
- Klaire Labs Ther-Biotic Complete
- Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate
- Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate Powder
- Pure Encapsulations Digestive Enzymes
- – Dr. Ron’s Ultra Pure needs to be ordered direct from the company
As I’m sure you can tell, I love the convenience of shopping on Amazon. Having said that, I do want to caution you. If you search Amazon for “Whole30 compliant” or “Whole30 approved”, items may come up in the search that are not Whole30 compliant or approved.
ButcherBox“>Butcher Box has a really cool story. The company was founded by a Whole30er who realized how difficult it was for most people to gain access to good quality meat. ButcherBox“>Butcher Box’s meat is humanely-raised, GMO, hormone, and antibiotic free, and their subscription model allows them to ship meat straight to your door in a convenient and cost-effective way!
If you order from ButcherBox“>Butcher Box , enter the code AP10 for $10 off and free bacon in your first box!
I hope these grocery shopping tips help you as you navigate through your Whole30. The grocery shopping can be incredibly frustrating and I almost gave up because of it. Luckily, I didn’t because it was SO worth it! The NSV’s (Non- Scale Victories) are amazing and completing the Whole30 can be life-changing. Once you put a few systems into place, the grocery shopping can be as easy as a few clicks on your computer.